Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hokkaido

So, I am in Hokkaido. It has already been for 3 days. I overslept the day we were leaving since I packed late at night. I set my cell phone alarm but it was somehow "manner mode" which only vibed. When my mom woke me up telling me it was alomost 7:30 which I usually wake up for my work, I freaked out and jumped off my bed. Yes, I should have left a note or something to memtion my mom what time I should get up. I did not have a chace to talk with her since I came home pretty late. I took a quick shower and got ready, did not have a time to eat breakfast which she had made. My mom gave me a ride to a station so I was able to catch the second train I was planning to take. (I had 3 possible train time to make it, but I really wanted to get there early just in case something happened.) On the train, it started raining. I thought "I wish I brought an umbrella....and, OH NO! My Jacket!!" Hokkaido is really cool climate so I definitely needed one. I remembered looking around at the door when I left, asking myself "is there anything missing??" but I gave myself OK. Huh! Another "wasuremono"!!

I emailed my mom just telling the fact I left my jacket. Surprisingly she emailed me back she could see me at the airport. I didn't mean to, really, ask her to bring it (Believe me for a second). I emailed her she did not have to do that. But my train ride was long enough to change my mind. I could buy something there...but what if I don't have time? What if it will be too cold from the moment we arrived? Do I want to spend money when I had a closet full of jacket? Well, I asked her....I know I am spoiled!! I was going to Tokyo first then the airport, so she had time to catch up. I also asked her to bring a folding umbrella which is very useful right now.

Well, it has been raining since we arrived. However, the moist and smell of the rain is very nice and calming. The air is so different compared to Tokyo. Especially surrounded by green trees and mountains, it feels so good. I just want to close my eyes and breathe. I have not had a chance to walk around but I would love to explore the area. As my 2nd morning and 3rd day of Hokkaido, I managed to have a relaxed time to write in my nice hotel room. Yesterday morning, I slept in until 10:00 am. Oh, that was great! The bed is big and comfy.



Japan lost against Brazil early this moring, game started at 4:00am. Last night, I was watching TV from my bed and fell sleep. I wake up several time noticing the TV was still on, and the soccor game was on but could not keep me awake nor move to turn it off. When I finally got up, the TV was telling me Japan scored first but Brazil scored 4. TV was re-broadcasting the whole game again for those who did not wake up at 4 in the morning. I watched a little bit, they played quite good. If they played like today, Japan could have won other games. Oh, by the way, the coach of Japan team is Zico. I heard everybody saying each other "we realized Zico is really great soccor player in the history by hearing those Brazilian players admire him so much". We Japanese people don't know so much about those great guys outside of Japan (Or maybe we don't even inside Japan). We know they are great, but it is hard to understand completely how great they are because we only know by the information provided by the media. Well, unless you are fascinated by those guys and look them up. I thought it was funny that people now realized how super coach Zico is by Brazilian, whom we already know or were informed the greatest players, telling they wish they did not have to fight Zico's team. People just need to come to realization those kind of thing, somehow the way which is more directly related to them, or by someone whom we already count on. I am not talking about only famous great guys. I think I can say the same thing for anything when you understand a different culture. You know what I mean? I hope so! : )

1 comment:

Gravity Engine said...

Sorry about Japan losing! I didn't know about Zico, but to have the respect of the Brazilians means a lot. They are a great team.

I'm glad Hokkaido was nice, despite the rain. Okaa-san yasashi desu ne. To bring your jacket.