Wednesday, October 26, 2005

iikagen

iikagen..... this means something you can not rely on, or not well taken care of, irresponsible! Yes, irresponsible is the one for what happend to me! I extended my visa (H-1B) last year. I had not had chance to come back to Japan and now I am here in Japan. I went to US embassy since I could not find what I should do on the website. There is no free information line to ask small questions. Fax information sheet, one way of course, costs about $8. Talking somebody in person costs $15 every 8 mins. I was so surprised! Anyway, I went there since it is not so far. I asked person outside of building who was helping to make line for a visa interviews. She told me I had to re-apply it!! She also told me it is done by internet so I have to submit through internet. I went there website and could not find what I needed. I don't know why it could not be done in person.....it might be security reason?? I could not help wondering what peope do if they are not familiar with a computer at all. It took so long to find the form I need through English site, next to next, link to link. And finally I found it. I don't think I can ever go back to that page though. What I was told to do was so difficult to follow even though it sounded so easy. Anyway, I went to the embassy today and waited for 1.5 hours but I was lucky to go earlier. Later on, there are more and more people waiting in line. Well, I passed the interview so I can stay a few more years with a visa!

No comments: