Wednesday, October 19, 2005

shochu

I saw some good friends of mine last night, went for a drink.
Even though I spent almost 3 months in Japan last year, I did not have time to hang out with them. It had been almost 2 years since we had drink together. The place has so many different kinds of shochu, korean vodka, made of wheat, potato, rice...etc, and different region. They have good Japanese food also, great with these shochu. I had drunk a little bit too much I guess but I really enjoyed. One is a music critic, she writes well, easy to understand but still not make an artist sound like ordinary people, and has a power to make people interested in the music. I really like the way she work on an article. I heard my co-worker said she turned down the interview oppoturnity with a guitarist recently. She had interview with him before and my company wanted her to do that. She told that she would love to interview him but she could not do it since it was last minutes offer and she had no time to study about the cinema magazine she has never read. It sounds like very stubborn, but she turn it down because she wanted to understand the media completely so she can write a good article. She love that artist so she did not want to do when she is not compeletly ready for it. That is how professional she is. Her writing is not about her but how she can interpret the best of an artist's work to the people who reads tha magazine. She turned it down because she wanted to be proud of what she writes. "Because" she said, "That is what I do, I want to have a responsiblity for it". I like the people who is very proud of what they do, no mater what kind of job. These people always inspire and encourage what I do, I want to be responsible and proud of it like they are. They are the professionals.

No comments: